The department of Computer Vision and Multimedia aims at:
- Providing fundamental and advanced courses on Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, Multimedia Analysis and Mining, Multimedia Technology.
- Developing our students with necessary skills on self-studying, scientific research, critical and systematic thinking, computing system analysis and design, with special focus on computer vision and multimedia related solutions.
- Promoting innovation and creativity in multimedia technology.
Research topics include (but not limited to):
- Multimedia Information Retrieval (Image Retrieval, Instance Search, Audio Search, Recommending Systems, Visual Question Answering)
- Multimedia Content Analysis (Event Detection, Video Segmentation, Image/Video Classification, Speech Recognition)
- Image/Video Understanding (Object Recognition, Face Recognition, Human Action Recognition, Image Categorization and Classification, Object Detection, Medical Image Analysis)
- Digital Image Processing (Image Compression, Image Deformation)
- Computer Graphics
- Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality.