The Computer Science Faculty has three major research areas: Knowledge engineering and machine learning, Natural language processing, and Computer vision and multimedia.
o Knowledge engineering and machine learning
The research group focuses on Knowledge engineering and Knowledge representation and Reasoning. Based on that, we design intelligent systems in different areas such as e-learning, e-government, e-commerce.
Some typical research directions:
• Knowledge representation and Reasoning.
• Knowledge-based systems, Expert systems, Intelligent problem solving systems.
• Knowledge management, Documents Resource Repository Management System supported semantic search.
• Data mining and knowledge discovery.
The knowledge in our curriculum has been applied to construct some intelligent systems in practice:
• Intelligent system for solving exercises in the courses automatically in 2D and 3D geometry …
• Intelligent system for solving exercises in the courses automatically in physics and chemistry
• Documents Resource Repository Management System supported semantic search.
• Automatically retrieval and summarization news in online newspapers.
o Natural language processing:
The NLP research group is developing a variety of research orientations, including theories and applications. We work on parsing, text summarization, question-and-answering systems, understanding and generating languages, extracting information, identify and speech synthesis, etc. Studies are conducted in a variety of approaches, based on formative calculus and statistical learning theory.
o Computer vision and multimedia:
The research group focuses on Computer Vision, Multimedia Content Analysis, Multimedia Information Retrieval, and Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality. Research topics include:
• Face Detection/ Recognition In Video.
• Event Detection in Video.
• Violent Scenes Detection.
• Image Retrieval, Instance Search, Video Search.
• Crowd Behavior Analysis for Video Surveillance.
• Large Scale Image Classification.
• 2D and 3D Human Action Recognition.
• Intelligent Traffic Systems (Transport Surveillance System, Traffic-Sign Detection,…).
• Optical Character Recognition (OCR).